Re: Speaking od roadsters from the 50's

To: Joe & Lynne Lance <jolylance@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Speaking od roadsters from the 50's
From: Chris Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:49:57 +1200
> Indy was more interesting when they had a variety of engines--stock
blocks,
> diesels, NOVIs, last interesting engine was Penski's 1994 push-rod V8.

Have to agree with the greater variety of cars comment. My Novi book says
the 4wd setup was the english Ferguson system as used in the Chrysler big
block wedge powered Jensen Interceptors (awesome cars but rust buckets,
right Malcolm). The first turbo used in auto racing was credited to be the
diesel 'Cummins Special raced at Indy in 51 or 52. Now for all you auto
historians...............where did the NOVI name come from? First prize a
genuine pair of New Zealand 'sock proof  holes'  LOL.

 Chris Harris.................NZed.