Strange looking brake rotors - help. (NON LSR)

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Strange looking brake rotors - help. (NON LSR)
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 21:12:47 -0700
List -- HELP.

Problem:   Strange looking rotors off my 2001 Honda Odyssey van.
Go to: http://home.earthlink.net/~basavage and click on Photos.

42,000 miles on the van.
Noise and pedal pulsation (fast) starting  3-5 seconds into hard , high
speed breaking. Example,  5% down grade at 75 MPH and break hard to
drop speed to 40 MPH.  It's not ABS. ABS does not pulse that fast.

All four surfaces on the rotors look similar. The spots are very shiny.

The rotors and calipers seem to be about the same size as my old '78 Ford
Fairmont, but it was 2,800 Pounds and the Honda van is 4,000 plus. They
measure about 12" x 1 1/8" Is it brake fade ??

Any information, opinion, suggestion or wild ass guesses will be
appreciated.

Thank you,
Bryan    (I installed new raybestos rotors & pads)