Re: Brake Proportioning Valve

To: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>, "Dick J"
Subject: Re: Brake Proportioning Valve
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 03:07:19 +0000
Isn't that what the correct master cylinder is supposed to do? Personally, I
wouldn't worry about it until you find an issue with it. Be prepared of it
possibly needing one, but to add another piece that could cause more tuning
or possibly even something else to need repiared down the line to the system
without knowing if there's a problem doesn't make sense to me. Maybe a master
cylinder off a vehicle well designed for this(like a 67 chevelle or something
that came with discs up front?). I added a proportioning valve to a couple
dodge 1 ton work vans I had years ago as the fronts didn't have enough on
them to stop the vehicles with ladders and planks and material on them(i
found out later they were a problem from the factory for 1983, 1984 and 1985).
TD