Re: Brake Proportioning Valve

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Proportioning Valve
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 11:46:56 -0700
Dick, You must remember how little tire patch you have on the ground. I
always set my brake pedal ratio so you have to really stand on the pedal
to lock up the brakes. Those high dollar LSR tires will flat spot in a
heart beat. You use the chute to slow down mostly anyway. I had a chute
not open at El Mirage at 196 mph and I was still able to slow down and
turn out before the back door safely. Just used the brakes enough to not
skid the tires.   Doug Odom in big ditch