Re: Brake Proportioning Valve

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Proportioning Valve
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:59:03 -0700 (PDT)
"Slower cars not using a chute should slide it out of
gear or into nuetral, easiest on the engine."

Yikes! I hope by slow you mean something under 80 MPH.
Easing a car out of gear while at speed (after a run
is over) destabilizes handling. I tried this once at
around 210 MPH and almost lost control of the car. I
never repeated that mistake. I do use rear brakes
after the chute is deployed. It slows you down faster
and gets you off the course quicker. It helps speed up
the event.

John Goodman