RE: An interesting study of bore and stroke

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: An interesting study of bore and stroke
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 05:53:16 -0700 (PDT)
"You can not make an intelligent cam selection without
knowing a lot about the cylinder heads (and the rest
of the rotating assembly as well).. so having
identical ones is interesting but not quantitative."

Amen, amen and amen. To put a point on this I would
encourage everyone to get your hands on Dema Elgin's
book entitled "High Performance Engine Theory". It is
more of a syllabus than a book but explains a great
deal about what Dave is saying.

John Goodman