RE: Technology

To: "'Dave Dahlgren'" <ddahlgren@snet.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Technology
From: "John L Staiger" <staiger3@starband.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:34:04 -0400
Dave - I hope it's a better deal... only a time and a two hat will tell... I
paid A LOT less than the money you where talking about and found one of the
old IRL engine shops to share the software and build manual.  GM even gave
them permission to pass it along -- and who says the guys in Detroit can't
be reasonable!  As for hp, I'm going to try three setups over time... NA,
Turbo(similar to the Cadillac), and NOS.  Most of the GM/IRL guys I have
talked to say the engine loves a Turbo as they where getting 3lbs. in the
air box in "legal" configuration.  The ECU even has the turbo map space
built in.  The only thing stopping me is money... Oh well...  Anyhow, all of
this is being packaged in a C5 I bought from a scrap yard and is the current
focus of my attention.

John L. Staiger

"Good deal..
I had a lead on a few of them a couple of years ago and was trying to put
together a package with a complete fresh 4 liter new electronics as it is
hard to get the software for the IRL stuff and tuned on dyno. est. hp 600
cost around 18 to 20k and everyone thought I was nuts.. Hope you found a
better deal than the ones i came across..
What are you going to put it into??
Dave Dahlgren"