Re: Chassis Data points

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chassis Data points
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 08:58:33 -0700 (PDT)
Keith:

Something that has been helpful to me is to find true
centerline of the chassis and permanently mark it
front and rear. From those datum, you can establish
and check all suspension points. One word of caution:
Do not take a short cut by measuring between two
suspended corners. This will not give you true
centerline.

Once accomplished, this procedure makes toe, wheelbase
and track verification and/or changes easy and
accurate. Additionally, any suspension modifications
you may want to make at a later date will begin with
these datum points.

Oh how I like data acquisition. It sure helps take the
guesswork out of what was though of as black art. Nice
to be able to quantify, eh?

John Goodman