Re: Chute Forces (1)

To: "John Goodman" <ggl205@yahoo.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chute Forces (1)
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 06:34:17 -0700
Hey! I never thought of that. I have the data and there is a monsterous
spike right before shutdown. And that is in a car at only 200 mph and a
short tow line. A bagged stroud chute might work better to relieve some of
the jerk. I would like to see a system that lets the chute blossom right
immediately after deploy then pay out the tow line. Like on a big reel with
a wind up spring or torsion bar...Dave D, are you listening?

mayf