RE: Bore stroke combinations

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bore stroke combinations
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 06:12:40 -0400
The problem is you can not isolate it down to the bore and stroke only. By
nature the other parts do form a combination that favors a particular bore
and stroke combination. If you change the baseline heads and cam then the
best bore and stroke combination changes with it.
Sorry but the whole method is flawed from the begining. The only results
that can be obtained is the best bore and stroke combo for all the other
parts included in the combination. This is way bad science, and no real
meaningful results are possible.
What happens if you pick a differnt set of heads and cam? the results
change...
Dave