Re: Bore stroke combinations

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bore stroke combinations
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 06:47:45 -0500
Mayf he's played with rod lengths and gone to some extreames to maintain the
rod ratio in this test....  to maintain the same compression ratio and to
truly find out if one combination is better then the other and WHY it's
better...

Take a minute and assume that the test results were very equal with a single
cam and head combination... ( they are both air pumps of equal displacement
and equal Valve timing ) and then say.... ahhh okay how do we get more hp or
torque out of each combination... what is it that needs to be done to
optimize a long stroke motor vs a short stroke big bore.

I guess this is our opportunity to design a Camshaft.  We know the
basic's...

Keith   ( I have to get scooting here... otherwise I'd look up Freiburgers
original spec's for the engines )