Re: Bore stroke combinations

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bore stroke combinations
From: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:11:13 -0400
Keith

Ain't so simple bud. Depends on the RPM range your working with. If I'm
building a motor for my truck I want a long stroke to torque it around. If
this motor is going in my Hondaliner I want the big bore / short stroke.
Short stroke equals less piston speed. Big bore means more surface area for
the expanding gasses to push on. And when using the same heads the big bore
will unshroud the valves which will generally promote better flow. Combined
they will build more HP in the upper RPM range. Believe you will find the
same basic results whether you are running a 496 or a 304 inch motor.

JB, #79 ?/GCC