RE: Master Switch Help

To: "Sparky" <wmtsmith@landracing.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Master Switch Help
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:32:52 +0000
Sparky, I don't believe it matters a bit function wise. Failure wise on the
other hand I do believe matters if running straight from the battery(just
like a main breaker).
Concerning the wire connecting the switch to the battery:
If it's on the positive side and it shorts it will cause fire and/or meltdown.
If it's on the negative side and it shorts it will keep the circuit alive.
Either way you decide, my reccomendation would be to put it as close to the
battery as possible and run the connecting lead inside a rubber hose if
there's any chance at all of it getting knicked or scraped in an accident.
TD