RE: Pix of the Berkeley

To: "3liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Pix of the Berkeley
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 05:48:14 -0500
Looks like a run from a typical turbo street engine on pump gas.. I don't
think I would lean it down any further if that is what you are thinking.
Current oxygenated pump fuel is pretty evil stuff when you are trying to
make some power.
The old Callaway corvette of the late 80's made 520 ft lbs and 385 hp on a
lot less technology than is available now, especially cylinder heads and
intake, they were pretty small back then but that car could go 193 mph in
showroom trim given enough road. It is a shame GM discontinued that
program.. I can't remember if they made 500 of them or not though. We put a
better set of heads and a fabed intake on one and it made around 950 with
little effort.
Dave