Re: First car?

To: jon@infodestruction.com (Jon E. Wennerberg), land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: First car?
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:52:26 -0500
Jon, my first was a '49 Hudson Super Six Coupe in two-tone coral paint
in '56(still in HS) for $200.  Untold mileage on it but in good running
condition, from "Chuck" the 'pizza-faced' lot man at the Hudson
dealership.  I thought that body style was handsome then, and I still
do.  Hudson got these bodies from some body-maker in that day, and cut
them themselves to make their distinctive convertibles which had a
longer-than normal header on them. All their bodies were welded to the
vestigial frames in an early version of 'modular' construction.  And
these were darned good cars.  My dad's '51 Hornet was even better.  Fast
with the four-speed hydramatic(I could whip my pals with their Ford
Flatheads) and economical too. Bill H.