Re: First car?

To: <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: First car?
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:46:36 -0800
My first car was a '39 Ford Standard Coup. Looked like a '40 Ford with a '38
grill. It had a tired '49 Merc in it. I wasn't old enough for a drivers
license, 15 1/5 at that time,.so my dad drove it home. For some reason my
brother and I pulled the Merc and he rebuilt it and put it in his '49 Ford
that had cracked the block. Then I put rings and bearings and lapped the
valves in a '40 Ford V8 and put that in the '39. My first motor. Was it
great when we rolled it down the hill and it fired. Since I still had about
a year till I could drive I sold it and bought a '34 3 window for $50. Never
got that one running since I got my license and all my money went into
insurance on my '48 Plymouth.              RF