first car?

To: "list answer" <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: first car?
From: pork.pie@t-online.de (Pork Pie)
Date: 30 Nov 2004 17:31 GMT
Sorry Folks,

we haven't the cance to get a real hot rod here in Germany as a first own car.

Before I had my first own car, I drove a lot of other cars which I got from a
good friend of mine - he owns 6 cars, and this cars had to be driven, too.

My first own car I bought 7 years after I done my driver licence - this was a
used
Mercedes-Benz 280 E (injection)- the car runs well, the only problem I found
out, was the tires.
I bought the car in the winter time, so I got them with winter tires on. What I
didn't knew, was, that the tires was limit to 100 mph (when brand new), second
- the profil was not originial - it was complete recut......and I drove them up
to 125 mph on the Autobahn, five people in and full of luggage......and still
have fun.
The tires couldn't be too bad, nothing happened. After this Mercedes - the next
one was a
BMW 280i - after 125 000 miles - without trouble - only that some people called
me a Yuppie
....the car ends when a beginner crashed in my rear end.....due to this that I
liked this comfortable drive of the BMW the follow up was another BMW 280i -
only this time the
second generation.
He ends by a 130 000 miles when someone means he has to drive over a stop sign
without stopping.......

And what I drive today....a small Audi A3 with a turbo charged diesel.....what
other you can afford when the gallon cost more than $ 5 (for the diesel, gas is
$ 6.25)......and you drive every day - only to go to the office - 100 miles.....

By the way, the cars which I got from my good friend....Ferrari 308,
Lamborghini Prototype with a V8 engine and 4 underarm thick endpipes - in the
paper was 107 dezibel, Daimler Double Six.....why I have to buy an own
car.....his shopping car was a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud from 1956......

Damn this was a great time, I miss them and the gas prize from this time, too...

See ya

Pork Pie