Re: Can you define what is "Ford"

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Can you define what is "Ford"
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 21:37:49 -0800
What is Ford? It is a BRAND managed by a brand manager and his staff
of over 100 people. A brand is a marketing tool that takes advantage
of the fact that purchasers tend to identify with brands.
Where the parts are made and/or assembled doesn't mean anything.
All that matters is the design specifications, parts that meet those
specifications and an automated assembly line to assemble the parts.
NOTE: I am ONLY talking about cars that have over 100,000 or more copies
built per year.

Now this really muddies the water:
             GM, Ford Announce $720 Million Investment To Build
             All-new Front-wheel-drive Transmission.

What a mess....

Bryan