Re: Can you define what is "Ford"

To: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Can you define what is "Ford"
From: "R. Denton" <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 02:46:23 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Bryan,

What really confusing it is that Ford is TWO entities and we use the name
interchangeably. Ford is a multy-national, huge corporation with tens of
thousands of employees and it is also a brand with a brand manager, a brand
group, etc. We never refer to the Ford Motor Company as anything other than
Ford. When we speak about General Motors we are speaking of the corporation.
When we speak of Cadillac or Chevrolet we become brand specific. Makes a lot
more sense.

Bob D.