Re: Topics of discussion

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Topics of discussion
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:59:00 -0500
On Monday, February 21, 2005, at 06:32 AM, Keith Turk wrote:

> Now if we could ask questions about our cars or bikes along the same
> lines...
> think of a subject that's always been a bit fuzzy for you and bring it
> up...
> for example...

> There is no doubt that each of us has a topic like that... think about
> it a
> bit and use the assets of this place to bring it up...  enjoy it...
> Or we
> could always go back to traction control... LOL...
>
> Keith

Okay, you asked for it.  I've still got only a muddy understanding of
this one.  I'm in the process of getting enlightenment -- but a
discussion might help me and others, too.

The size of the hole for the air intake should be:  A:, Big, so that
the ram effect can force more air in and therefore the engine
management system can take advantage of the extra "boost";  or B: Just
the right size for the amount of air the motor consumes, so that there
isn't any drag from the spilled (un-needed) air that's spilling and
splashing around up there.

I could embellish the question with maybes and wherefores, but I'll
leave it at that and read what you've got to say.  Thanks for the
opening (so to speak), Keith.

146" snow so far this season in Marquette.

                Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)