RE: Topics of discussion

To: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>,
Subject: RE: Topics of discussion
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:08:13 -0500
Possibly the question might be redefined as..

Is an open ended bucket more or less aerodynamic than a circular flat plate?

If the engine uses some of the air in front of the vehicle does the
resulting lower pressure area reduce the aero drag for that section?

If you put an opening in a vehicle that does not add any area to the front
profile and does not have any losses due to internal flow or is capped at
the back how does this change the aero drag?

Not an answer but a restatement of the possibilities in possibly a simple
point of view.
Dave