RE: GT Cars vs Smart?

To: "Bryan Savage" <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: GT Cars vs Smart?
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 00:04:42 -0500
Whats the problem no one in SoCal smart enough to pick the car as a
contender? Can anyone say NASCAR..The rules committee will have to rewrite
the whole criteria for GT, MS, Comp Coupe, Altered etc for this to all come
out correctly. It is a 2 seater that will go way faster than any legal speed
limit in any state unlike 30 or 40 % of all the cars currently legal for GT
or MS.. i guess you will have to set a minimum speed for high speed
touring...Or you could add a sport compact class and another 75 more classes
of cars to protect a record or two.. We really need to just go to the format
of a class for 'my car' there would only be a few hundred classes or a 60%
reduction in car classes. Maybe they will have to add a 'cool factor' to
each car design.. LOL you could make the cars with a low cool factor drag an
open chute of various sizes depending on the cool factor number. Nascar does
about the same thing with the infamous wing rules. How dare anyone run a
modern car against 'my record'?? Pro active rules are generally a
protectionest type move..No matter what class the Insight is put in a record
is going to fall. Spirit of the rules is another way to say i didn't think
of that...
Dave