RE: Intake sizing.

To: "Jon.the.Wise" <jon.the.wise@gmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Intake sizing.
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:41:07 -0500
You are always better off with a port that is the correct size for the
engine than too big. too big and the torque goes down. it is pretty hard to
make any HP without torque. the average engine losses around 15% torque
between peak torque and peak HP. no torque no HP.. A correctly designed
cylinder head has the correct numbe of sq. inches for the proper airspeed
and the greatest flow at that number of sq. inches.
dave