Re: Intake sizing.

To: "Bryan Savage" <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Intake sizing.
From: "Pork Pie" <pork.pie@t-online.de>
Date: 22 Feb 2005 21:44 GMT
As I remember, if you talk about the air (ram) box intake, we got this topic
some months ago - if Keith keep all the comments - the answer will be there.

Front opening "small", behind an airbox with a much bigger cross section,
building up a constant pressure into this ram box - very close to the pressure
which would shut down the function of the carburator - pressure control over a
valve which opens when the pressure comes to the critical level.

If the front opening is too large the air will try to escape against the
airflow out of the intake - creates turbulences inside and in front of the box
- unclean airflow reduce the possible power.

See ya

Pork Pie