RE: Intake sizing.

To: "list answer" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Intake sizing.
From: "James Tone" <James.Tone@AES.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:53:46 -0800
I contacted Dave D. concerning air intakes and devices to control the
air. Dave supplied me with all the sizes and angles for the intake "box"
Everything is taken into account. Cubic inches, # of cylinders, RPM,
valve size, cam duration and lift, etc. The shape of the plenum box and
the flow of air to it are what matters the most. The engine needs to
"ingest" non-turbulent pressurized air (nice term) to work the best. I
liked what Dave D., Tom B., and Dan Gurney told me when I was designing
it.  To bad the engine owner did not want me to cut up my hood to do it.