old timie transmission question

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: old timie transmission question
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:09:07 -0800 (PST)
Back in the day, dropping a SBC with a TH350 into a Vega was a popular swap.
Soon it was discovered that the Vega shifter was a neat little package and they
started showing up in fad tees and all kinds of rods.  I still have one of
those shifters and want to use it with the TH350 in my Studebaker.  I remember
that the shift arm on the transmission had to be reversed into an up position,
and a different hole had to be drilled to make the arm the correct length to
match the detents on the vega shifter.

Does anybody remember how long that shift arm on the transmission was supposed
to be?

Dick J in East Texas