Re: Laser ignition

To: Keith Turk <kturk@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Laser ignition
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:36:12 -0800
That's a good one Keith. I know a guy that's works on large diesels and
I'm going to ask what the difference is timing is between a small, 400-600
CID motor and a 2000-4000 CID motor. The difference in flame front travel
will have to be taken into account somehow.

Yamaha redesigned the  their R-1 (1,000cc) engine a few years ago. Smaller
bore & longer stroke reduced the ignition advance requirements and produced
more HP.

Bryan