Re: Re: Coolant Temp's

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>,
Subject: Re: Re: Coolant Temp's
From: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:55:31 -0600
We Data logged and never saw over 240---we cooked the Brodix heads---ie they
lost their hardness---we were told by them and Stewart, The water pump people
we had  been having steem pockets-----to solve the problem---high pressure
radiator caps and a mechanical pump.

Tom --how much cap pressure were you using to "not lose water at 260 deg???

> From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
> Date: 2005/03/10 Thu AM 10:40:04 CST
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@adelphia.net>
> CC: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>,  lsr list autox
>   <land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: Coolant Temp's
>
> Keith,
>
> Water temp on gasoline rises about 100 degrees on a run. At Speedweek
> 2003, the first time we ran this motor, we overheated on the first run
> because Dan forgot to turn the water pump on.
>
> The next two runs we started with about 150 deg. and ended the run at
> about 260 deg. The next two meets, I was leaving the line with about 120
> deg. and ending with about 220 deg. We run coolant (50/50 water and
> antifreeze) and a 20 lb. radiator cap. With this setup it takes over 270
> deg to lose water.
>
> Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC
>
> Keith Turk wrote:

  "Sparky"