Re: Coolant Temp's

To: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Subject: Re: Coolant Temp's
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:25:15 -0800
We use 20 psi cap (3 deg/lb.). Which gives pure water a 272 deg. boiling
point. Coolant (50/50 solution) boils at 226 deg at atmosphere. Plus 60
deg makes it 286. We also have a small water line in the center of the
head to help purge any steam pockets.

The down side to our situation on gasoline is that it would be better to
leave the line at 180 deg, but we opt for a lower temp to help keep the
far end temp lower.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC