Re: Am I crazy or just dumb?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Am I crazy or just dumb?
From: Joel Wolcott <wolcott_jl@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 05:29:09 -0800 (PST)
I looked through the article again.  The product is
non-aquous propylene glycol.  No water is used.  The
claim is virtually non-toxic.  They do have 2 products
one that contains some ethylene glycol.  PHR showed an
increase in horsepower by switching over the coolant -
Thre main factor was that they had to retard timing
with standard cooling - with the evans they picked up
75HP (twin-turbo V6).  2 items that i noticed - they
run as a no pressure system.  The other item that
makes sense is that in a normal coolant system the
guage may read normal but metal temperatures are
actually high.  Reasoning being that there is some
boiling occuring within the system which lowers the
ability to transfer heat.  Reminds me of my dad's old
Mopar that would run a bit slower on hot days with no
increase with the temp guage - Don't know how many
guages, radiators, pumps he put in.  :)

My question to all is - Does anyone have real world
experience with Evans?  This stuff is a bit expensive.

BTW - Issue is November 2004 of PHR
There website is www.evanscooling.com