Re: Am I crazy or just dumb?

To: jon@infodestruction.com, ddahlgren@snet.net
Subject: Re: Am I crazy or just dumb?
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:16:13 -0800
I  can only tell you what we learned from real life experiences. In
about 1966 the Shelby American race team spent 2 days at Riverside
Raceway in 95 degree heat testing cooling the mustang. Now these were
289 that made about 400 HP. Changed  about 6 different radiators,
ducting and flow orifices. For A production race cars we had to use a
stock looking radiator. By putting a baffle in the top tank to help
spread the coolant across the whole top surface of the tubes helped the
temperature about 10 degrees. The right sized  oriface  helped about 25
degrees. ( was  .625 as I remember )  Now these were no where near the
bitchin aluminum radiators that are around today.   Doug Odom in big
ditch going way back in my memory bank.