Re: Cooling and waterpumps

To: "The Weldons" <2weldons@earthlink.net>, <land-speed-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling and waterpumps
From: "Joe & Lynne Lance" <jolylance@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:55:43 -0500
Ed--ran across similar info years ago.
 It seems the presence of Sulphur in the oil and gasoline raised the dew
point temperature in the crankcase and increased condensation which caused
the formation of more and more sulphuric acid in the oil, leading to
increased wear.
Probably less of a concern with reduced Sulphur in oil/gas these days, but
still a good reason to change oil in your daily driver at reasonable
intervals no matter how much particulate matter the filter takes out.

Lance