Re: eBay 'liner pix

To: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: eBay 'liner pix
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 07:55:26 -0700
Bryan,

Thanks for the kind words, but I evidently was wrong on my assumptions
about this car. It seems that Fred Larson ended up with this car and is
the one he crashed in 1959. The car I got from Ak was a later creation
and front engined.

Ak was one of my heroes and became a good friend in my early pursuit of
speed. It was Ak that began calling me "Tom Thumb". At the time I became
acquainted with him he was building big displacement Oldsmobiles and the
cars of his that I remember were a 1950 Olds sedan that he ran at
Bonneville and Dayton Beach, the "Iron Horse" of Mexican Road Race Fame,
the '27 "T" that he gave me which was last raced at the National Drags
in Great Bend Kansas, and the Devin he ran in various venues. Of course,
I can't forget the "Thing" a Henry "J" powered by a Blown Chrysler, that
he and Dr. Ostich, built and raced at Bonneville in 1957. It was because
of this car that I made my first trip to Bonneville.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC