RE: Protecting the brain

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Protecting the brain
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@att.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:06:52 -0400
At 08:06 PM 4/22/05 -0400, you wrote:
>there was a EFI system that when it first came out many years ago would shut
>down on the highway if someone keyed a CB radio..pretty funny unless you
>owned one and tried to find the problem on your own..
>dave

Had that problem with Ford station wagon, Fire Dept Batt chief car (early
80's), when ever
I keyed the mic on the radio, the engine would shut off, let up the key,
the engine would take back off.
tried moving the antenna, grounding shielding, changed wiring points ( Ground &
Batt. tie in points)  nothing helped, completely, problem would disappear for a
while, with each change but.
 finally took the radio out.  and changed its duty assignment.