Re: Protecting the brain

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>, "Ron Gibson" <rgg14@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: Protecting the brain
From: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 8:35:15 -0500
Dave,
I have a MSD-7, I have mounted it low and behind my engine beside the
transmission.  I notice it has a big ground post in the middle of it---I havent
used this in the past..should I?

In your experience how should I try to protect my data logger and EFI systems---

Maybe enclose it like a Faraday cage??

> From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
> Date: 2005/04/23 Sat AM 05:34:06 CDT
> To: "Ron Gibson" <rgg14@cox.net>,  "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
>         <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>,  <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>,
>         <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
> CC: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: RE: Protecting the brain
>
> There are plenty of people here that are smarter than me but what I know I
> learned a lot by troubleshooting systems that did not work right.
> All the sensors for a given system go to the return signal pin for all the
> sensors for that system EFI , data acg whatever. The ground wire for that
> system goes to the common grounding point in the car with a heavy gauge
> wire. The fuel pump is generally in the back and the battery is usually
> there also so I ground the fuel pump at the battery. Things that break the
> rule are noisy CD ignition systems sometimes I end having to ground all the
> electronics at the battery running a separate heavy wire for them and the
> ground the CD at the engine or central grounding point.. MSD 7 among others
> can cause some problems with noise that can be hard to solve.
> Dave

  "Sparky"
Lakester 2211