RE: Protecting the brain

To: "John Burk" <joyseydevil@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Protecting the brain
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:09:21 -0500
John;

Thirty years ago (!)I bought a brand new '75 Rabbit; it wasn't EFI but
it still mysteriously quit running every once in a while. The VW dealer
(of course) could never find the problem and VW of A didn't want to hear
about it. One by one almost everything on that car either failed or fell
off. Never again have I owned a VW even though previous to the Rabbit I
had owned two others, a '63 VW 1500 Notchback and a '74 Squareback. The
'63 was a good car-- I even drove it a few hot laps around the old
Nurburgring circuit-- the '74 was OK but eventually it leaked more gas
from the crummy rubber FI hoses than it burned.

My impression is that when Dr. Heinz Nordhoff ran VW it was a great
company with a great product; when he left, the company and its cars
"went to hell in a handbasket."

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ