Re: fuel pressure regulator

To: <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Subject: Re: fuel pressure regulator
From: "Scott Cowle" <SCowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:20:25 -0400
Chris -It turns out that Dave and Neil were right-my return line was too
restrictive and was not flowing enough of the gas back to the tank.
Thanks guys for the input . I can't remember the model number but it is
a big one, that was provided with the supercharger kit from the
supercharger store. I think it is a good unit-my work was substandard-my
lines were too small for the pump-think big!

Scott

>>> "Chris Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz> 06/01/05 6:21 PM >>>
Scott,
What model # is the Aeromotive pump.
My son Lincoln who drives our roadster is building a street hiboy 32
roadster with 2x4's on 6-71 etc and has an Aeromotive pump and
certainly
doesn't want that problem.
Chris Harris...........NZed

> I know I ask dumbass questions but I'm working on stuff I've never
used
> before now that I've got this supercharger, I need help.I have put
an
> aeromotive fuel pressure regulator on my car as part of the new fuel
> system for my supercharger. It is supposed to be adjustable down to
> three pounds but I can't get it to adjust below eight pounds, so fuel
is
> coming out the venturis in gobs as  the pressure overwhelms the
needle
> and seats in the carb.My return line to the tank is 3/8ths diam.
until
> it gets to the tank and then is 5/16ths as this is the stock line-I
took
> the filter sock off. I am going to change this to 3/8ths too. My
> question is, is this restriction the reason I can't get the regulator
> adjust below eight pounds? The fuel lines from the tank to the
regulator
> is = inch, and I have two lines going to the carb-3/8ths each-one
for
> the primaries, one for the secondaries. The pump is a big aeromotive
> pump used for fuel injection or carb applications and is good for up
> 60lbs of pressure.
>
> Thanks -Scott

This communication may contain confidential or privileged
proprietary material for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review, use, or distribution or disclosure by others is
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, or
authorized to receive the information from the recipient, please
contact the sender by email and delete all copies of this message.
<<<MentorCollege>>>