Re: 27T street roadster classification/rules

To: "R. Denton" <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: 27T street roadster classification/rules
From: "The Weldons" <2weldons@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 19:27:24 -0700
I'm not trying to nitpick the rulebook.  None of us, racers, officials or
fans want a 500 page rulebook that no one reads and costs $50 to print.  Not
to mention the full time staffer and countless meetings and politicking it
would take to maintain it.  Roadster body features have probably gotten more
discussion over the years than most class distinctions; so I'm hoping to
take advantage of some of that tribal knowledge.
Again, I'm not playing any games here.  I really need to know.  The old Dave
Watson street roadster has lots of beautiful aluminum work in the
floorboards, firewalls and transmission tunnel.  I don't want to go hacking
away at that if I don't need to.  But with 29-1/2" hood length (or 30" as
one knowledgeable friend told me) I just can't fit engine, electric fan and
a decent radiator in with negative clearance.   I don't want to build the
car wrong and then have to redo it to make it legal if I have some real
record setting potential.  At my age you just can't plan on adding a lot of
second guesses and reworks. And I really don't know anything much about
Model T's other than what I can measure off a bare body shell.  Any help
with this will really be appreciated.
Ed Weldon