EFI update on the Berkeley...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: EFI update on the Berkeley...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 05:59:05 -0500
Since I haven't updated you guys on my junk for a while I figured it was
time...

Basically this year we're going back to speedweek to do the same thing we did
last year...  Ted Wenz my engine builder is driving the car in C/FMS...  We
set the record last year in the 252mph range and lost it do to a paperwork
snafu....  So it's pretty unexciting overall...  Except that when he set that
record we lost the motor.... rebuilt it and went back to the WOS and lost
another piston on the first pass....

Dave and Ted have spent the winter trying to sort out the problem and they
settled on the EFI system not being the greatest... as well as some other
issues associated with the fuel pressure not increasing with the scoops added
air  pressure at speed...

So anyway we got a new Motec M48 controller from Dave and they got off the
Dyno yesterday with about 40 more HP then we had last year.  Seems they also
found some problems with a couple of injectors not being as happy as they
should be...

Motor is on it's way and should get here Friday... be in the car on Monday and
away we go...

So that's what I'm doing... what are you folks up to?

Keith