My Plans for racing into the future.

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, <Tedwenz@cs.com>,
Subject: My Plans for racing into the future.
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:00:27 -0500
As I get ready to drive up to the memorial services for John tomorrow, I'm
sitting here trying to formulate a plan that works to race the Berkeley in the
future... and honestly it's a hard thing to think about right now... BUT we
all have to consider what we are doing now and again... so here goes...

The first thing is that I have had to re-define is what I consider fun...
going two bills and setting records has sure been fun.... but the second thing
is to evaluate how much over 200mph I really want to go... and how safe is the
car to do that .... how much information do I have and how much more do I need
to go even faster...maybe even 300... . or was that the original goal?  ....
and the honest winner to that conversation is no.... the 3 club would be
cool.... being the first modified sports to 300 would be cool..... But it was
never honestly one of my personal goals.... it's been there ... hanging out in
the wings...but Not one of my personal goals that I started this fiasco
with.... so I'm going to leave that hanging out there for a while and focus on
what is FUN to me.... and that's getting in 200mph clubs...

That leaves El Mirage and .... Australia...  so... there you go....

Dave Dahlgren,Wayne Brown and Ted Wenz have done a fabulous job with our motor
program, and the car so it's ready to run El Mirage as it sits.... and I've
got another C motor waiting in the wings if there are any issues...  After
that I'm going to take my junk down under and see about that salt... I've
envied everyone that's gone and personally it's a trip I've wanted to do since
I heard they had a place to race....

Can't do Australia next year because the planning sequence is a bit too
late.... but we are going to save our nickels next year and plan on the March
2007 meet.... maybe I can even con Freiburger into bringing the Camaro as
well....

I've got a couple of different people with motor programs available for
speedweek next year and I'm planning on letting them run the car, so I can
focus my finances on down under.

I'll say a prayer for everyone that can't make it tomorrow, so that you know
you will be represented in spirit.

Keith ( By the way Tonya has already started figuring out what she's going to
wear in Australia.  The first thing she's packing is a Drivers suit!!! )