Rear Spoiler Questions

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Spoiler Questions
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:03:40 -0700
Been sitting for a while doodling on how my WFS(W)' spoiler should be
designed. Of course, it needs to minimize fabrication skills (I don't
have many), should be adjustable, and provide the necessary drag and
down force numbers.  So as I said, I was doodling and these questions
just popped into my head. It can hold a lot cause it is mostly empty
now. But, question number 1) is can the spoiler chord line be segemnted?
By that I mean can it be made into 2 or more parts with the joint
parallel to the center line of the car? I ask this because my dinky car
has a really big roll cage sticking up and affecting the air flow on the
drivers side more than the passenger side. So if allowed, then I cold
lay the drivers side down more than the passenger side. How much, I do
not know, but this could be a air flow tuning aide in helping the car go
straight. And question number 2) is can the aft edge of the spoiler
chord have airfoil trim devices...like mini trim tabs as long as they
fit within the maximum chord length allowed? Think of an aileron on a
plane if you are having some difficulty imagining such a beast.   This
would  permit even finer tuning of the airflow over the spoiler.

Ok, so let the commenting commence...

mayf, out in Pahrump fiddling with spoiler and a gimundo tranny cooler
for the tow truck..