Re: Rear Spoiler Questions

To: list LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Rear Spoiler Questions
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 05:36:41 -0600
mayf,

That's why I mentioned the one I saw.  It is adjustable over a decent
range but fit against the body and was secure once it had been adjusted
before a run.  The double nuts that tightened against the turnbuckles
on the exterior threaded side pretty much locked it into position and
added some good stability.  With that setup you could adjust for more
spoiler on one side (opposite the driver) if  you so desired.  Much
like a cavitation plate only reversed.  There may be some history on
the subject in the list archives.  Seems that I remember Darrell
Ferguson had some problems with this very thing several years back.

Wes