Re: There's somthing wrong here

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>, BWANA343@aol.com
Subject: Re: There's somthing wrong here
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:53:12 -0700 (PDT)
Tom;
You forgot one thing.... Oil and gasoline are
commodities, and just like soy beans, are traded by
speculators. The factors you mentioned are taken into
consideration by traders, but short-term profits are
their sole consideration. Market manipulation is the
tool of the arbitragers.  Soooo, if there are any
money-changers to be cast out of the Temple, my vote
would be on the commodities traders. As for the
government, remember when Nixon tried to regulate the
fuel industry? Prices went up, and we got stuck with a
55 MPH speed limit! Let's let the free market work.
Ed

P.S. The price of a barrel of oil is lower today than
it was 4 months ago, but I am paying $1 more per
gallon at the pump than 4 months ago.

http://oregonstate.edu/Dept/pol_sci/fac/sahr/gasol.htm