Re: There's somthing wrong here

To: <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: There's somthing wrong here
From: "Joe Lance" <jolylance@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 23:48:13 -0400
Seen a lot of complaints, newspaper articles, TV programs, etc lately about
the "excessive", "windfall",  profits of oil companies expressed only in
gross Dollars, but that is completely meaningless unless one also states
profits in terms of percent of sales, return on investment, and other
quantitative measures on a year-to-year basis that can be compared to other
investments.  The whole thing "works" only if some one is willing to buy
something at a price high enough to pay a profit to the supplier, no matter
what politicians say or do.  Last thing I want to see are shortages caused
by government regulations or so-called windfall profit taxes.

Lance.