Re: There's somthing wrong here

To: <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: There's somthing wrong here
From: "Ron Gibson" <rgg14@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 21:05:46 -0500
  I don't think gas is that high priced today. In 1968 I had a SERVICE
station ( oil, lights,tires checked, windows washed). Had a young kid hired
to work for me for 2.00 hr. He could do oil changes, mufflers, brakes, etc.
At that time my gas cost 34.9 cents per gal. at the pump. Today it would
cost me 12 to 13 dollars to hire the same kid. 6 or 6.5 times 34.9 comes out
to about the same price for gas at the pump and gas got higher priced due to
more refining because of unleaded regulations.
  As for that greedy 75% increase in profits, if I lost $1.00 last year and
this year had a whooping 100% increase this year, I would only break even.
As long as their profits are only 9 or 10 percent, that is completely
reasonable. Some companys wouldn't stay in business with that margin of
profit.

Ron Gibson Omaha NE