Re: drag behind a car

To: "Scott Cowle" <SCowle@mentorcollege.edu>,
Subject: Re: drag behind a car
From: "Pork Pie" <pork.pie@t-online.de>
Date: 09 Nov 2005 17:34 GMT
Scott,

there was a discussion before on this issue and I wrote a long explanation
about groundeffect and Kamm rear end - as I remember there is a archive from
all this e-mails off this list.

Check this archive, may be you will find the answer, otherwise you can contact
me off list with some picture from your car and idea, to be sure that I can
write you the correct answer.

Groundeffect, downforce, drag behind the car - this is a very complex issue.

As I understood from your note, you like to create something like a ground
effect tunnel, there exist a rough mathematic rule - means the percentage of
the different shape areas from the tunnel. Let me know if you need this, I can
send them than as attachment.

see ya

Pork Pie