Re: Production Bike

To: "MPittwood@compuserve.com" <MPittwood@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: Production Bike
From: "Pork Pie" <pork.pie@t-online.de>
Date: 12 Nov 2005 22:34 GMT
What confused me on this article is the comment that Andy holds also the record
with 80 cc and 100 cc? Andy "drove" Jack Costellas Nebelous Theorem IV - he was
fast with this one but he didn't reach the current 50 cc streamliner record
from the dutch guy, the bike was also slower than the 1965 Kreidler cigar, nor
the speed in the 100 cc.
Also the Theorem runs to my information never FIM - he runs in 50 cc/80 cc/100
cc under SCTA.
If Jack get his engine "problem" fixed, means a real hot engine with power in
the range of the Kreidler original engine or a Van Veen gas burner, he can set
a real FIM record. Unfortunately, Van Veen engines are not available (for a
fair prize) in the moment, after a Dutch bought all the company existing
material some years ago.
So, what kind of 80 cc/100 cc record they mean now in this article - for the
BMW they wrote FIM - the date is during the BUB meet. For the BMW - if he runs
FIM - it looks that Malcolm is right - writing that he expect comparing apples
and oranges (funny, in Germany we say peaches instead of oranges). FIM means
really stock production, only change are safety features like tire and brakes
modification, all other means as picked from the dealer.

Would be interest to check the next update of the FIM list.

See ya

Pork Pie