Production Bike

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Production Bike
From: "MPittwood@compuserve.com" <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 16:13:14 -0500
Whilst JoeA is adamant that an FIM Production bike is the same as an SCTA
Production bike, because the FIM have "copied the SCTA rules", I am not so
sure, (I would be if we were talking car classes!)  To determine if the
bikes were of equal standing as production - to me that means as it came
off the showroom floor -  I would need to compare the full rule books.

The SCTA have a class for Production Frames and Production Engines for the
bikers, but these seem to relate to external appearance factors.  How
'stock' was the motor in the 201 mph Suzuki?  If the answer is "it was SCTA
Stock" then I would expect us to be comparing apples and oranges once
again.

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England