Re: Hey Sparky...

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hey Sparky...
From: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:02:27 -0600
KT,  Thanks for the kind words---I did not build this car from Scratch--I
severly modified  the little lakester you drove At Maxton that Randy built---I
might have been better off starting from Scratch as about all that I used was
the front outer skin and roll cage---oh and the frt spindles---which I am in
the process of replacing---wish I had done it sooner---

I would not have had the courage to do this if I hadn't worked with Skip on
Rose for two years--I learned so much and gained so many new skills---Thanks
Skip

I am especially indebted to Joe Timmney of Deleware Chassic Works---for
coaching me through the things that I need to work on and through when I was
deciding how and how much to lengthen and how to brace up and stiffen up a 207"
wb---Thanks Joe

Dave Dalghren---saved my bacon by sorting out my ECU electrical
problems--Thanks Dave

An the support and encouragement of the "LISTERS" is invaluable---Thanks to all
of you and especially the 3 that came down to help me run---thanks Dale, Glenn
& Mark, and Jim and his Great White Hope---

Again Thanks to all

> From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
> Date: 2005/11/22 Tue PM 05:47:15 CST
> To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Hey Sparky...
>
> Bill I really want to congratulate you publicly for getting Radical to the
> track for the first time...  I know you've been involved with Skip... but
> that's not the same as taking your car the first time to an event and racing
> it.... let alone racing it at over 200mph....  So even if I'm not the first to
> do so.... I really want to give you some kudos' and a bit of an ovation simply
> for getting the job done....  Good for you...
>
> Keith

  "Sparky"
Lakester 2211