Re: RE: Hey Sparky...

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Re: RE: Hey Sparky...
From: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:19:04 -0600
Niel, I did not pop my chute---I tried to "Save"

---my rookie mistake---next time the chute release is being relocated and my
hand will be on it....

> Bill;
>>
> BTW, did you have time to pop your 'chute when you started to spin? I

It was very different than the three privious "twitches"---it just "turned hard
right"

After much thoughtand discussion:

1.   The left front suspension broke before instead of
     during the spin.

2.   I caught a rut in the very torn up trap area

3.   Driver turned the car to the right.  possible but not probabable  because
I was concrentrating on driving through to the chute and still had both hands
on the wheel--hadn't started the process of reaching for the chute..  On
Rose,Skip and I have always thought driving to the chute, then trans in
netrual, then off throttle was the saftest practice---what I have tried to do
in actual practice---

After taking to some much more experienced El Mirage drivers---I will put my
hand on the chute release once I have moved the trans shifter the last time...I
will be more "chute happy' from now on...

  "Sparky"
Lakester 2211